Monday, March 30, 2009

Cheese Demo Healthy Living

A few days ago I was scheduled to do a cheese demo at Healthy Living Market in Burlington. What a great place to do a demo! They have an actual demo 'station' where there is a commercial oven, sinks, granite counter, and a refrigerator. The coordinator, Gerta, set me up with tulips, bowls, signage and cutting boards. I brought three cheeses with me: Butternut, Paniolo and Mountain Tomme. It was such fun that the 5 hour time frame went by quickly as I gabbed away with customers and even some regulars of mine from Burlington Farmers Market. I was told at the end it was a record for sales of a demo. I brought so much cheese and it was almost all sold while I was there! Perks of doing events like this? Gerta fed me from a separate demo! Amir Habib's shiitake mushrooms on flatbread pizzas.

No comments: